Turkey chili is a staple because it’s hearty and nutritious! It’s is a great meal to make ahead and freeze for a quick, high-protein lunch or dinner.
Servings 4 servings, about 1½ cups each
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped (you can find frozen bags of chopped peppers and onions to substitute)
- 1 medium yellow (or orange) bell pepper chopped
- 1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 (28-oz.) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz.) cans kidney beans rinsed, drained
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Crushed red peppers (to taste; optional)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
Add turkey; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until turkey is browned
Add tomatoes, beans, chili powder, salt, and red peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Divide turkey chili into 4 serving bowls.
Portion Fix Containers: 1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow