Flourless Blondie Cookies
Let’s face it, we all love to enjoy some sweets from time to time, so why not find some healthy recipes that are super yummy and aren’t going to put you off track! Success…I have a recipe!
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup all natural almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar (you can also use honey if you’re not vegan)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips plus 2 tablespoons
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 8×8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and process until batter is smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips. Batter will be thick and super delicious, so you could actually just eat it on it’s own!
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top. The batter may stick to your spatula, so spray my spatula with nonstick cooking spray first.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out!
- Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack. Sprinkle with sea salt then cut into squares. Makes 16 blondes.
Serving size: 1 bar (1/16th of recipe)