- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups broccoli, roughly chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Mustard powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 cups of broccoli, chopped into smaller, bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/3 cups shredded cheddar
1.In a large pot, over medium heat, heat the oil and add the carrots, onions and garlic. Cook until they start to softened.
2. Add in the rough chopped broccoli, cauliflower and broth. Season the pot with mustard powder, salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer until all the vegetables are very soft.
3. While the veggies are simmering, cook the little pieces of broccoli in the microwave for 3 minutes until they are a bright green and set aside.
5. Heat pot on low and stir in the cheese and cooked broccoli. Mix until the cheese melts.
Serving size = 1 1/2 cups, makes about 4 servings
21 Day Fix Container equivalents: 1 1/2 veggie or green container, 1 healthy fat or blue container