A Healthy BBQ Sauce!
I was checking the ingredients on our favorite sauce and was taken back…ingredients I can’t even pronounce. This is a much healthier alternative and super tasty. It actually gets a bit better if you make it and wait a day before you use it. Adjust the spices to your liking and let me know what you are putting it on! YUM!
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ to 1 tsp. liquid smoke (adjust to your taste)
- In a medium saucepan whisk together ½ cup water, tomato paste, vinegar, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper flakes.
- Bring sauce to a boil on medium high and continue boiling for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in oil.
- Makes about ½ cup.
I usually triple the recipe and store in a mason jar in the fridge for a week or two…usually gone before then!!
21 Day Fix Containers: 1/8 cup (which is a quarter of this recipe) is counted as a teaspoon.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Tackle Game Day Temptations - February 2, 2021
- Staying Healthy During the Pandemic - May 22, 2020
- Free At Home Workouts - March 20, 2020