Here’s a healthy recipe for you to get your Mexican craving without all the carbs and fat! These boats are a healthier spin on chicken burritos, swapping in nutritious zucchini for flour tortillas. Plus, these boats can travel: put your leftovers in a container and you’ve got an easy lunch to bring to work.
4 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
4 tsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup tomato sauce, no sugar added
2 Tbsp. tomato paste, no sugar added
1 Tbsp. ground chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. ground paprika
3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
1 cup shredded cheese
2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
1 medium tomato, chopped
2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Using a spoon, scoop pulp out of zucchini to make boats. Place on a large baking sheet. Brush with 1 tsp. oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until tender-crisp.
- While zucchini is baking, heat remaining 3 tsp. oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and paprika. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Evenly spoon chicken mixture into zucchini boats and top with cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle evenly with cilantro, tomato, and green onions and serve.
21 Day Fix Containers: 1 red/protein, 1 green/veggie, 1/2 blue/healthy fat, 1/2 teaspoon