SERVES: 16 (1 cookie each)
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 12 min.
¼ cup extra-virgin organic coconut oil, solid
½ cup coconut sugar
1 large egg yolk
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
¼ tsp. baking soda, gluten-free
¼ tsp. baking powder, gluten-free
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
¼ cup dark chocolate chips, 70% cacao (or more)
1. Preheat oven to 325º F.
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Combine oil and sugar in a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer; beat until well mixed.
4. Add egg yolk and extract; mix well. Set aside.
5. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
6. Add oil mixture to flour mixture; mix well.
7. Fold in chocolate chips.
8. Roll into Tbsp.-sized balls and place on prepared baking sheets.
9. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
• Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days or frozen to keep for longer.
Portion Fix Container Equivalents: 1 yellow and ½ teaspoon
Recipe originally published from the Fixate Cooking Show.
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Tackle Game Day Temptations - February 2, 2021
- Staying Healthy During the Pandemic - May 22, 2020
- Free At Home Workouts - March 20, 2020