I admit it…I have a sweet tooth…actually, a cavity-filled mouth of sweet teeth. I love chocolate. I love sugar. I have never uttered the words, “this is just too rich, I can’t have another bite”. I don’t have an off button when it comes to sweets. So losing weight was a challenge to keep that craving under control…until I found Shakeology!
This superfood, nutrient packed shake was a game-changer for me. I was able to indulge in something EVERYDAY that tasted like a treat (mmm…chocolate milkshake) but acted like a salad in my body. So I don’t make these bars to replace having my shake each day, I started making these to have some healthy, sweet treats on hand to keep me from eating, say, the bucket of Valentine’s day chocolates in my kitchen! As well as to have something to grab on the go for a delightful snack.
Also, my kids love them. The Shakeology ball recipes I have seen out there either have coconut in them which my daughter is allergic to and/or nuts and we don’t like our sweets to have chunks in them…so this recipe got the approval! It also makes me happy to see them eat what they think is a treat while I know they are getting vitamins and minerals, pre- and probiotics, phytonutrients, antioxidants…and consuming superfoods like chia, flax, quinoa, spinach, maca…the list goes on.
Here is the recipe!
1/3 cup protein superfoods (I use 1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology)
1/3 cup Instant Rolled Oats (best if chopped in blender)
4 tbs Raw Honey (or 1/3 cup filled up about 2/3 the way)
1/3 cup almond butter or natural peanut butter (I like the almond butter better – kids like the PB better)
Drizzle of water
1. Mix the honey and nut butter together until well blended.
2. I chop the oats up a little or buzz them in the blender to improve the consistency of the balls.
3. Add the oats and Shakeology to that and stir making a cookie batter consistency.
4. Add a few drops water or Shakeology only if necessary to get the right consistency. You don’t want it to be too wet or it won’t form well and you don’t want it to be so dry that it doesn’t stick.
5. Form into 12-15 balls by rolling between your hands.
6. Roll each ball in dry Shakeology.
Enjoy!! I know I will!
21 Day Fix Containers: 1 ball is 1 teaspoon and 1/4 red/protein. I usually save 2 teaspoons if I know I am going to have these so I can have 2 and count it as 2 tsp, 1/2 red.