Ingredients – Makes 12 Muffins
3 ripe bananas
3/4 cup Quick oats
2 scoops of chocolate Shakeology
2 Tbs Honey
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Optional: Chocolate chips to top
Up to 1/4 cup egg whites, if needed for consistency of batter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line muffin tin with silicone or foil liners, or you can use coconut oil to grease the muffin tin.
- Place oats in blender alone and blend first to break up into smaller pieces (does not need to be as fine as flour consistency).
- Place all the rest of the ingredients in a blender (or food processor) and blend until mixture is smooth.
- If batter is too thick, add 1/8 to 1/4 cup egg whites to thin to batter consistency.
- Divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin tins. Optionally add chocolate chips to top of muffins.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Note: Be sure to use either silicone or foil liners with the paper insert removed because they will stick, and they may appear to be “sunk” in after cooling as does any muffin made with oats rather than flour!)
Portion Fix Containers – Per 1 Muffin
1/2 Purple, 1/3 Red, 1/3 Yellow, 1/2 tsp honey