These pancakes are SO good!! My husband tried a couple recipes and has finalized this as our favorite recipe for delicious, protein pancakes. This recipe makes 4 pancakes .
1 cup instant rolled oats
1 cup low sodium cottage cheese
4 egg whites
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
Fresh blueberries to top (optional)
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until well mixed and almost smooth.
- Warm a non-stick pan on medium to medium low heat (you will have to learn your range to determine the right setting). Spray with cooking oil.
- Pour a quarter of the batter (approximately 3/4 cup) into the hot pan and cook until bottom layer is browned.
- Flip pancake and brown other side. Do not undercook because the consistency in the middle will be too wet.
- The pancakes are tasty without anything on top (to some people) but for people with outrageous sweet teeth like me, you can drizzle with a little natural maple syrup…or I think they are even better with a drizzle of raw honey.
- Top with a few berries if you’d like.
I can eat 1-2 of these pancakes for breakfast with a couple blueberries on top and they keep me full for hours!
21 Day Fix: 1 pancake counts as 1 carb/yellow, 1/2 protein/red, 1/2 purple/fruit.