My biggest nutrition downfall is that I have an overactive sweet tooth! But I have found ways to stick to a healthy lifestyle without depriving myself. I have found healthier substitutes for my favorite indulgences…and here is one…peanut butter cups. This is still a treat since it is higher in fat however it is a healthy fat (coconut oil) and it is packed with protein…so if you are going to indulge, this is the way to do it. Enjoy!
1. Melt 4 tbs of coconut oil in the microwave for about 15 seconds until liquid.
2. Mix in 1 scoop of the Shakeology.
3. Pour the mixture into a muffin tin lined with cupcake cups – you should be able to fill all 12 cups with a thin layer on the bottom.
4. Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from freezer and smear about 1/2 tsp of peanut butter in each cup.
6. Melt 4 tbs of coconut oil in the microwave for about 15 seconds until liquid.
7. Mix in 1 scoop of the Shakeology.
8. Pour the mixture on top of each cup and freeze for about 10 minutes.
9. Store in freezer.