I love pizza and real crust, too. But it’s hard to get a full serving of protein on a slice or two so here is an amazing option!! A low carb chicken crust pizza recipe with just 4 ingredients!
Making a chicken crust pizza low carb is very straightforward. No need for any special ingredients or low carb flours. And, even though it might sound a little too “meaty” at first, it actually works very well. Especially if you top it with some veggies and cheese. And, one of the benefits of chicken pizza crust is that it’s super filling.
The pizza stone really helps get a good texture for the pizza. I recommend this with all my pizza recipes, but especially ones made veggies (like cauliflower pizza crust) and this chicken one.Whether you use a pizza stone or not, you’ll need parchment paper. Chicken pizza crust sticks very easily, so this is a must.
Resist the urge to pile on the toppings immediately! Letting the crust rest for about 10 minutes first will let the cheese solidify and form a seal, which means the crust will stay sturdy without absorbing the sauce on top.
3/4 lb Shredded chicken (this is cooked weight; equivalent to 1 lb raw)
1/2 cup Grated parmesan cheese (or a vegan substitute, alternately, you can skip the cheese)
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
1/2 tsp Sea salt
2 large Eggs
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
3/4 cup Spinach (chopped, push into the measuring cup when measuring)
1/3 cup Red onion (sliced thin into half moons)
1 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded) or crumbled feta
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a pizza peel with parchment paper.
- Stir together the shredded chicken, grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and sea salt.
- Whisk the eggs lightly, then add in. Mix well.
- Spread the chicken crust pizza “dough” onto the parchment paper on the pizza peel, as thinly as possible (about 1/4 in thick). Slide the parchment paper onto a pizza stone.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until firm and golden on the edges.
- Let the crust rest for 10 minutes, which helps “seal” it.
- Add sauce and toppings. Return to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted. If desired, place under a broiler for a couple of minutes to brown the cheese more.
The serving size is 2 slices or 1/4 of the pizza. With the toppings, each slice of this low carb chicken crust pizza recipe is counted as 1 protein/red, 1 tsp (BBQ sauch), 1/2 healthy fat/blue and 1/2 veggie/green.
The nutrition info includes the toppings, so will vary a bit if you put something different on it.