How about a healthy pizza? YES! I really love this flat bread pizza and it is so easy to customize with different toppings and also make a simplified one for the kids. I like to add red pepper flakes to my greens mixture which is such a great combo with goat cheese (you can also use feta but I prefer goat cheese). Enjoy!!
Recipe shows 1 Flatout wrap which is a single serving, however this can be made on a traditional pizza crust.
1 Flatout wrap
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (or feta cheese)
1/2 cup fresh arugula, chopped (or spinach)
1/4 cup Roma tomatoes, chopped
2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp Olive oil
1/2 clove garlic
Red pepper flakes
Olive oil cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375F
1. Mix all of the toppings (chopped spinach, tomatoes, feta) in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle fresh, chopped garlic and red pepper flakes to your liking.
2. Spray the flatbread with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle with some salt. Place flatbread on a cookie sheet in the hot oven for 5 minutes until it begins to crisp. You may want to cut the flatbread into triangles before baking to get it crispy through the middle.
3. Remove from oven and top the crust with the toppings mixture. Sprinkle the top with the Parmesan cheese.
4. Cook pizza for about 5 minutes or until it appears done.
21 Day Fix for one flatbread: 1 Blue/Healthy Fat, 1 Yellow/Carb, 3/4 Green/Vegetable, 1 tsp. You can optionally add some grilled chicken for additional protein. If traditional pizza crust is used, make sure to count the carbs accordingly, 21 Fixers.
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Tackle Game Day Temptations - February 2, 2021
- Staying Healthy During the Pandemic - May 22, 2020
- Free At Home Workouts - March 20, 2020