If you follow me and my recipes, you know how much I LOVE the protein pancake recipe on this site that my husband made. So why did I post this recipe, too? Well, I am giving paleo a go! I am not worried about 90% of it because I love meat?, nuts, and fruit ? but I am not so happy about being dairy free. My love affair with cheese ? is on a hiatus. And for now…we experiment with coconut milk and almond milk. So here’s the Paleo Pancake recipe that I love!
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp coconut oil
1-2 tsp honey (Mrs. Sweet Tooth here uses 2 tsp)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Warm coconut oil to liquid from and mix the eggs, coconut oil, and honey together.
- Add the coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. DO NOT mix too well because this will lead to flat pancakes. Lumps are ok!
- Melt a dab of coconut oil in a warm skillet and then pour about 1/3 cup of the batter into the skillet.
- Check underside of pancake for doneness. You will see some bubbles on the top but not as much as classic pancakes.
- Recipe should make about 6-8 pancakes depending on the size measuring cup you use to pour batter into skillet.
- Drizzle with natural maple syrup or raw honey (honey is my choice) and your choice of fruit (optional).
21 Day Fix Containers: about 3 pancakes count as 1/2 Yellow/Carb, 1/2 Blue/Healthy Fat, 1/2 Red/Protein