I am dying over this recipe, guys! We eat a lot of chicken and it just gets boring after a while. This recipe is so flavorful and delicious. It works for both my structured and unstructured, guided meal plans for clients…and you will seriously be so satisfied after this meal!
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 chicken thighs with skin (or breasts, see tip below)
1 small red onion, sliced
16 mini bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
Pick your carb: new potatoes, halved or 2 cups of cooked rice or 1 bag frozen, riced cauliflower, microwaved
1 lemon, sliced
1 jar pitted kalamata olives
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a deep rimmed sheet pan with aluminum foil, if desired for easy clean up.
- For potatoes, season with olive oil, salt and oregano and place in sheet pan to cook for about 15 minutes before adding other ingredients since they take longer to cook. For rice options, pour rice or cauliflower rice into bottom of pan and spread evenly and top immediately with steps below.
- Whisk olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, vinegar, tarragon, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Add chicken thighs, onion, and baby bell peppers. Stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Transfer vegetable-chicken mixture to the prepared baking sheet and arrange in an even layer over the carb of your choice. Pour excess marinade over it all.
- Scatter lemon slices and olives over the vegetables, making sure to leave the chicken uncovered so that the skin will brown.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and top with feta.
Tip: Cook thighs with skin on for best flavor and remove skin before eating. Alternately, you can make this recipe with boneless, skinless breasts and cover the breasts with the vegetable mix to keep it from drying out.
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Tackle Game Day Temptations - February 2, 2021
- Staying Healthy During the Pandemic - May 22, 2020
- Free At Home Workouts - March 20, 2020