Not only are these muffins made with clean ingredients, but they have protein! They are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth without the added calories, fat, or sugar.
1 can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 serving plain nonfat Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp all-natural peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
4 packets stevia
1 cup oat flour
2 scoops vanilla protein powder, I use Shakeology
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the pumpkin, egg whites, apple sauce, yogurt, peanut butter, stevia, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electronic mixer. Add in the oat flour, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, and spices and mix until well-combined.
- Coat the muffin tin with a spray of olive oil cooking spray (alternately you can use muffin liners).
- Spoon your muffin mixture evenly into each muffin tin (makes 15 muffins)
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees. You will know they are done when a toothpick or knife comes out clean. Allow the finished muffins to sit in the tin for about 5 minutes before removing them. Enjoy!
- Make sure the pumpkin puree is pure pumpkin with no added sugars. Oat flour can be found in the organic section of your grocery store.
- Store your muffins in tupperware and freeze a few to keep them fresh for next week! They will still taste great defrosted.
21 Day Fix Containers: There is no exact science for container counts on complex recipes but here are my estimates. I would count one muffin as 1 yellow/carb.
Nutrition: Each muffin is about 85 calories, 2g fat, 9g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 2.5g sugar, and 7g protein. That is a clean muffin!