I love egg salad…really love it. So I had to find a way to make a healthy alternative…and share it with you!! This recipe has the texture of egg salad so you really feel like you are having an egg salad sandwich, but removes the fat overdose of the egg yokes and mayonnaise. The only prerequisite is that you have to like hummus. Enjoy it on a sandwich or in a wrap. It is even good on crackers…that was my dinner tonight!!
3 tbs hummus
3 hard boiled egg whites
pepper (to your taste)
- Hard boil as many eggs as you need for the number of servings you are making.
- After the eggs cool, peel shell.
- Cut each egg in half and scoop the egg yolk out and put them in the trash.
- Mash the egg whites into small pieces the size you desire for your egg salad.
- Add 3 tablespoons of hummus for every 3 egg whites you have mashed.
- Mix together well and add pepper to you tasting.
- Enjoy on bread or toast for a delicious sandwich or in a wrap. Add lettuce, tomato or other toppings.
21 Day Fix containers: one serving of egg salad per this recipe is 1/2 blue (healthy fat) and 1/2 red (protein). If you have a wrap on a flatout flat bread, count 1 yellow (carb) or 2 slices of bread, count 2 yellows. Try an open-faced sandwich with one slice of bread (1 yellow/carb).