These banana apple muffins from the Fixate Cookbook by Autumn Calabrese are perfect for a quick breakfast bite or for a healthy snack when you are on the go. This recipe is straight from the Fixate cookbook – a recipe book with over 101 Fix approved recipes. If you want more info about this amazing cookbook, send me an email!
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup mashed ripe banana (approx. 2 medium bananas)
1 Tbsp. unsalted organic grass-fed butter, melted
1½ cups almond flour
¾ tsp. baking soda, gluten-free
1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
½ cup chopped apple (approx. ¾ medium apple)
Silicone muffin liners or cupcake papers or Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Line muffin pan with silicone liners or nine muffin papers or coat with spray. Set aside.
3. Combine eggs, banana, and butter in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
5. Add almond meal mixture to egg mixture; mix until blended.
6. Add apple; mix until just blended.
7. Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin cups, ¾ full (approx. ¼ cup).
8. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Transfer muffins to rack; cool.
Portion Fix containers: 1 purple + 1 blue