- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with roasted garlic and onions
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups green and red peppers, chopped (I used about 1 red and 2 green)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 ½ Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
1. Brown ground beef with onion in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Drain beef and onions and place in crock pot.
3. Chop peppers, add to crock pot.
4. Add tomatoes including liquid, broth and spices (all ingredients except rice which will be added 1/2 hour before end of cooking).
5. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Add rice for the last 1/2 hour.
Serving size 1 1/2 cups
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents = 1 protein or red container, 1 veggie or green container, 0.5 carb or yellow container
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Tackle Game Day Temptations - February 2, 2021
- Staying Healthy During the Pandemic - May 22, 2020
- Free At Home Workouts - March 20, 2020