Happy Cinco de Mayo! Might be a nice day to enjoy a marg, don’t you think? Here is my SKINNY version to help keep you on track.
Your biggest margarita enemy is prepackaged margarita mix so skip that completely and go for fresh lime juice and soda water as a substitute. If you need a little sweet kick in this after you mix it, you can do a squirt of liquid Stevia or 1/2 packet of Stevia. This recipe cuts your calories by more than half without sacrificing flavor.
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 oz. La Croix Lime soda water
- 2 oz. tequila, higher end like Silver
- 1/2 oz. Cointreau
- Salt (to taste)
- Mix lime juice and water together.
- Add tequila and Cointreau, then either pour over ice or put in blender with ice.
- Add salt to taste.
- Sip wand pretend you’re on a beach in Mexico.
Calories Regular Marg: 435; Calories Skinny Marg: 150