Happy Cinco de Mayo! Might be a nice day to enjoy a marg, don’t you think? Here is my SKINNY version to help keep you on track.
Your biggest margarita enemy is prepackaged margarita mix so skip that completely and go for fresh lime juice and soda water as a substitute. If you need a little sweet kick in this after you mix it, you can add a little drizzle of all-natural agave nectar. This recipe cuts your calories by more than half without sacrificing flavor.
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 oz. tequila, higher end like Silver
- 1 oz. Cointreau
- 1-3 oz. La Croix Lime soda water
- Salt (to taste)
- Mix lime juice, tequila and Cointreau together in shaker with ice.
- Add salt rim of glass by running a lime wedge over rim and then placing in salt.
- Pour drink mixture over ice and top off with a splash of sparkling water.
- Sip while pretend you’re on a beach in Mexico.
Calories Regular Marg: 435; Calories Skinny Marg: 150-200